Attention all animators and fans of the medium! Sven Bonnichsen (animator, playwright and artist from Portland Oregon) is launching a new film festival!
The NW Animation Festival is now accepting entries for 2011. Films from anywhere in the world are welcome. Deadline is May 1, with discounts for students and films received by April 1. The festival will be held on June 3-4-5, in the heart of downtown Portland Oregon at the historic 5th Avenue Cinema. See website for details and submission form: nwanimationfest.com
- This is a festival created by animators, for animators, and all lovers of animation.
- We are people who hunger to see MORE. Not just the year’s top 10 shorts… We want to feast on the year’s top 100!
- We’ve thrown the door wide open for submissions. Films may come from anywhere in the world. You may submit films made at any time during your life. And you are free to simultaneously show your work online or at other festivals.
- We know that great animation comes from all levels. Contributions from students, independent artists, and professional studios are all valued equally.
- All types of animation are encouraged: hand-drawn, computer-generated, stop-motion… We attempt to program shorts blocks focusing on each method separately—both to educate, and to satisfy each methods’ enthusiasts.
- We strive to pack the weekend with as much animation as possible. But the festival is still bigger than just this. Select films go on to become part of our “Best of the NW Animation Fest” traveling show, which will tour the region during the following year.
- For more, visit: nwanimationfest.com